Monday, May 5, 2014

Post #10 Tough Mudder

The Unexpected Text

Just after saying my prayers and telling my wife how much I love her, my cell phone vibrated, shaking the pillow it was resting on. I knew it was a text message, but nothing was going to keep me from falling asleep as fast as I could, not even one of the biggest and sweetest challenges this year.  

Now, 'biggest and sweetest challenge of the year' is a very loose term considering that this year includes several other 'challenges': graduating college, staring my first full-time job ever and not to forget, getting married.  Those are all challenges in their own regard, but they are the type of challenge that I knew was coming, something that I had seen coming down the road a few months in advance.  But this? No way...never thought I would ever set off to embark in a challenge like this...not ever. I mean seriously, a 12 mile run through mud, climbing walls, crawls through irrigation tubes and a finishing line that pulsates with electricity, a warm way to welcome runners to the end.  Yeah, never thought I would consider such a race...

Those who know me understand that fitness is a big part of my life.  I've completed two marathons, biked thousands of miles through the beautiful Wasatch Mountains, love to boulder with my wife and enjoy my time in the gym. I enjoy staying healthy and recommend it to anyone.  I guess my friend who text me also thought he could recommend some new ways to stay healthy by asking me to join him in the 'Tough Mudder.'  What is the Tough Mudder you ask?  Indulge yourself in the pictures below and we'll continue our conversation after your mind has been completely blown. 









Looks like a blast right?  Yeah....not your typical 10k that you could finish with only a single day of training.  I've seen this race before, read about in a fairy tale when I was younger, but never did I think that I was going to actually participate in one. Maybe after I finish this thing, my pops will consider me a man, maybe.  

So, I'm in 100%. I have already found a training program to help avoid a tragic death during this race, not even kidding.  My goal is to first and foremost complete the race and secondly, make some great memories in the process.  I will post my progress here on my blog and hopefully inspire someone out there to work for something they never thought possible. 

I know that I have a million viewers following me on my blog (my incredible wife and another random person), but I hope you will enjoy this new adventure during the next 4 months.  

#heGOfit

No comments:

Post a Comment