Friday, May 16, 2014

Project #11 Grow Boxes and FirePit

This is just the beginning...

Grow boxes:

As you can see from the pictures, I have been busy in the yard.  I've seen so many grow boxes around Pinterest, including some in my childhood home, and wanted to try some myself.  I'm going to skip the instructions on how they were build, not because I'm lazy and don't want to include them, but because I feel that you really can't go wrong making them.  If you want them to look good in the end, make sure you sturdy wood, a level to make all the boards even, and lot's of patience. 
I applied to layers of wood: one that was sturdy and will last until the end of the vegetable world and the other was from on old barn next to our house...to add to the ambiance of the garden.   I love the way the old wood makes it look and feel, while also preserving the surroundings of our home.










Fire-pit

No words...just straight up balling.  This was fun to make, but even more fun to use!  There are hundreds of tutorials on Pinterest, but I found that the best thing was to read through them, and then improvise as I made my own.  All brick was taken from the barn next to our house, over 100 years old.  The base of the fire pit is about 1' deep and has plenty of air flow to keep the fire with oxygen.  We added new logs to use as seats...but will post pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment